SOUTH LONDON PRIVATE HIRE LIMITED - HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
The Health & Saftey at Work Act South London Private Hire Limited and the companies owned Data Cars and Handicars are continually monitored and seeks to improve the environment within the workplace.
South London Private Hire Limited policy concerning the implementation of the Health and Safety at work Act is as follows:-
- The well being of people at work is dependent on the maintenance of satisfactory physical, material, intellectual and emotional conditions. The management of the organisation carries the prime responsibility for implementing the policies outlined in this document but it should be stressed that the employees, during working hours, have a duty to take responsible care for the safety and welfare of themselves and others.
- Kim Philips, is responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of legislation and Codes of Practice on any new legislation. Any accidents must be reported to him.
- The place of work must be maintained in a safe condition:-
- Means of entry and exit must be free from obstruction and risk
- All employees are made aware of the fire exits
- First aid equipment is provided and kept in the cabinet in the control room.
- Fire extinguishers are provided in every office and staff must familiarise themselves with their operation.
- The dangers of smoking are well documented and all smokers should be aware of the increased risks of heart disease, bronchitis and lung cancer. It is therefore the policy of the company that smoking will only be allowed in designated areas.
- In the interests of Health and Safety, bags, files and other personal belongings should not be left on the floor and locked in the lockers provided.
- A poster outlining Health & Safety law is clearly displayed in the control room.
South London Private Hire Limited